How to get to settings on Roku TV without remote
You can navigate to the TV settings with the Roku mobile app from the app store and users can take advantage of the additional features available on the app. Connect the streaming player with the mobile device to the same wireless network.
- Download and install the Roku app on your mobile device
- Launch the application and go to the MY CHANNELS option
- Your Roku account channels list is displayed
Using your mobile or laptop as a remote:
- To use your mobile or laptop as a remote, perform the following functions:
- Changing channels using the channel up and down arrows
- Changing the volume control using the volume up or down arrows
- Play or pause a video
- Reverse scan and forward scan
- Channel search
- Adjust your TV volume using the volume buttons on your mobile device
How to get to settings on Roku tv without remote and search for content
- Use the drop-down menu on your app
- Select ROKU SEARCH option -> search for channels or other content available on the channel store
- As a universal search, it will fetch results from other channels
- From the search results, select a channel of your choice
To add and remove channels:
- To add or remove a channel:
- Go to the STREAMING CHANNELS option on your TV screen
- First, go to the Roku’ s HOME SCREEN -> click STREAMING CHANNELS option
- Log into your Roku account using your credentials
- Select the channel and move to the ADD A CHANNEL option
- Based on account settings, you may be prompted for a PIN
- Pay a subscription if it is a paid channel
- Else, the channel gets added to your account automatically
For queries that you have on how to get to settings on Roku TV without remote call our backend agents to guide you
Find out what my Roku Pin is?
A Roku device requires an account to function, which also requires a PIN for activation. If you have created an account and have misplaced the PIN then the big question is, “how do I find out what my Roku PIN is?”
Using your account, link and manage all your Roku devices under one roof. While creating an account, enter a 4 digit PIN and set preferences for it. Some of the options received on the screen are:
- Use the PIN for paid purchases from the Roku channel store
- Use the PIN to add a paid or free channel to your Roku account
- Never use the PIN for any of the purchases
Steps to view your PIN
- Turn ON your TV and your Roku device and make sure that the media player is connected to the internet
- The network connection can be wired or wireless based on your convenience
- Use your Roku remote to access the HOME page menu
- Select the MY ACCOUNT option from here
- Beside the CHANNEL STORE PIN option, click on the UPDATE link
- Follow the link to get different options for your PIN preferences
- Click on an option to update the PIN
- Set a 4 digit number that you can easily remember and also remember the setting for the preference chosen
- Every time you log into the channel store to add a new channel, enter the PIN according to your PIN preference
How do I find out what my Roku pin is if I have forgotten the PIN?
- Chances are that you may forget your Roku account PIN at some point in time
- In such a case, change the PIN preference
- Follow all of the above steps for setting your preferences
- Choose the DO NOT REQUIRE PIN FOR PURCHASES option at the link
- This way, you can add a particular channel and once again change the PIN preference
Most of the time, the PIN is retrievable. In a situation where you have trouble and are wondering “ How do I find out what my Roku PIN is? ” do not hesitate to call our backend experts for help.
To choose between two leading streaming players you must know what the difference between Roku 4 and Roku Premiere is. Roku is a front-runner among other streaming devices available in the market. Available in the forms of the box, stick or TV, select the one that is most apt for your constraints.
Roku 4 Features:
- The best video streaming device if you own a 4K TV.
- Features are more in Roku 4when compared competitors
- Quad-core processor for 60fps 4K gives the best video output resolution.
- It measures around 0.8*6.5*inches or 2*16.5*16.5cms.
- The device’s flat top is a special feature
- 5GB of RAM with 256MB memory space for storage
- Play personal media through the Micro SD slot
- Stream content such as photos, music and videos directly on to the TV
- Up to 128GB of external memory
- Quick access buttons on the remote for:
- Amazon instant video
- Sling TV
- Built-in microphone for voice search
- Private listening with headphone jack on the remote
- Plug in your headphones into the jack and listen to all streams without disturbing others
- Remote-finder finds your remote when misplaced
- Press the Remote Finder button on the streaming device to locate it
Roku Premiere Features:
- Cheaper than most streaming devices in the market
- Stream Netflix, Amazon Video, Vudu, YouTube and other video services in 4k
- By far the best video quality in the market
- Satisfactory viewing of even low-quality streams
- Compatible with both 4K and HDR streamers
- Point the remote anywhere – Stash the box out of the line of sight and don’t point directly
- The box contains no buttons
- It has a full-size HDMI port and a power jack
- Quad-Core processor to browse through the apps quickly
What is the difference between Roku 4 and Roku Premiere?
Roku 4 and Roku premiere have more or less the same specifications with the minor differences.
The Roku 4’s remote comes with private listening and the lost remote finder. This is not available with the Roku Premiere’s remote.
The Roku 4 has an Ethernet port to use a wired internet connection for better video streaming. The Roku Premiere runs only on a Wi-Fi connection.