- First of all,Open up your web browser on your laptop or computer. Go to the browser and enter “https://google.com” or “https://bing.com” and search for roku.com/link.
- Then,From the search results select https://my.roku.com/link.
- Furthermore,Enter the Roku Activation code in it.
- If you have an existing roku com link account use that to activate your device
- If you don’t have a Roku com link account, you can create one
STEPS FOR ROKU COM LINK ACCOUNT CREATION
- Firstly,For users to create a new roku com link account
- Then,Click on “create new account”
- Moreover,Enter your first and last name in the form, and your email address
- Furthermore,Create a password and verify it
- In next step,Create a PIN for purchasing at roku.com/link activation
- Choose your desired payment method
- Provide your credit card details
- Purchase channels from the Roku channel store or visit my.roku.com/link
- You will only be charged during a channel purchase
- Add some channels of your preference, which are provided by the player
- If you want paid channels, then choose your channel and use your credit card to purchase it
- The streaming player provides more than 1000 free channels during Roku setup
- After adding the Roku channels enjoy watching them through the streaming player
- The player is refreshed and an output message displays all the new channels
- If you are facing problems feel free to reach roku.com for more information
How to Setup Roku Device?
Connect Your Roku Video Streaming Device (Good for Roku Premiere/Stick/Express)
Wired connection is to be preferred for Roku com link activation; it is usually faster and is not subject to picking up interference from your neighbor’s wireless system. Some Roku devices have a Wired Internet input; some do not.
Roku Streaming Stick and Roku Express generally use wireless, so skip the next part of Ethernet cable.
To use the wired Internet, you must have a Roku streaming device or TV that has this input:
and an Ethernet cable with active Internet service to plug into it:
If you have these, and you want to use the wired connection, plug the cable into the socket.
If you do not, you will use a wireless connection (“Wi-Fi”). Several steps from now, the device will show you a list of the wireless networks that it is able to receive a signal from, and you will choose the network you desire to use from the list, and enter the password for the network (if the network has a password; it should, otherwise anyone nearby can use your internet without permission).
2) Electrical Power
There are two styles of Power for Roku streaming devices. If you have a Roku TV to activate Roku plug in the main power to the TV and the Roku streaming system inside the TV will automatically receive power also, and you can skip to step 3. For streaming devices:
a)Wall Transformer that does not use USB
If your transformer has a non-detachable cord and looks somewhat like the following:
- Plug transformer into wall electricity socket.
- Then plug round tip of the cord
- into round input socket on the device.
This is for Roku Stick and Roku Express – the transformer and cord are in two pieces. You can use either the transformer or plug the cord into a USB socket on the TV if there is one.
- Transformer, also known as USB power adapter:
- USB cable, Roku Express and Stick, transformer or TV end:
- USB cable, Roku Express end:
Power adapter for your Express, or for your Stick, use either the wall power adapter or any available USB port on the TV. If you plug into the USB port on the TV and there is a red light on your device, that means that the USB port on the TV is not delivering enough electrical current to the device for it to operate properly, and therefore you must use the wall power adapter instead.
3) Video output
- HDMI connectors look like this – the male:
- the female:
HDMI cables carry both High-Definition video and multi-channel audio simultaneously.With this in mind.
a) Roku TV
All connections are internal and done already.
b) Roku Streaming Stick – the male is built right into the stick, plug it into any available HDMI port on the television.
c) Roku Express – connect HDMI cable male connectors on both ends, one to the HDMI on the Roku, the other to any available HDMI port on the TV.
4) Video Selection – use the TV’s remote control and/or the buttons on the TV, to ensure that the port you have plugged the Roku device into (or, the Roku part of a Roku TV), is the port that the TV will use to put the video onto the screen.
5) Insert the batteries into your remote.(There is a symbol inside the battery compartment in the remote that indicates the correct polarity).
6) The Roku logo will appear on your screen. If you do not get it then please check…
a) Is your player plugged into an electricity socket correctly?
b) Double check that your TV is programmed for the same input of the HDMI cable and ensure that the cable is connected firmly on both ends of the player and TV.
7) Pair your remote
a) To pair your remote open the battery door
b) Find the button at the end and press for 3 seconds while aiming at the player, for Express and TV. For the Stick, because the stick will most often be behind the TV, such that the beam of invisible infra-red light which is used by the regular remote to communicate commands to the device, would not reach the Stick – so the Stick uses a radio signal that does not require the remote to be aimed at the Stick.
8) After selecting your language, the player will show the names of all wireless networks that it is able to communicate with.
Choose your wireless network and enter the password.
a) Success will be indicated by a green symbol;
b) Failure with a red X. In most cases the password was entered incorrectly. (Note: The Password is case sensitive)
9) Player will attempt to automatically download software updates (this will take several minutes and then it will be installed automatically)
After that, the player will restart.
Then, the player will show on the TV screen, the Roku activation code which will be used to link your player to your Roku com link account.
For help contact www. roku.com/link or reach out to Roku customer help in my.roku.com/link.
DIFFERENT TYPE OF ROKU DEVICES
- To begin with, it measures 124.5 x 124.5 x 21.6 mm size
- Not to mention that it is larger than the Express and Express+
- It is the best of the Roku Products
- Coupled with a USB and a Micro-SD slot, you can view your personal photos
- Similarly, view your videos along with.MP4 playback.
- It also provides Dolby digital audio effect using HDMI or optical output
- Enjoy the night listening mode since the remote supports private listening via headphones
- It comes with a lost remote locator – use this feature to locate your lost remote
- The gaming buttons on the remote are an added advantage: It uses the RF technology instead of the IR blast, making it a point-anywhere remote
- Measures 124.5 x 124.5 x 21.6 mm size larger than the Express and Express+
- Roku Premier+ is the one of the Roku’s top model
- It supports both Ethernet cable and dual-band Wi-Fi connectivity
- It also provides Micro-SD card slots for viewing video and photos on your television
- Besides, it is faster than Roku 1
- Night listening mode available for this model
- It provides private listening option (The remote has the audio output jack. Headphones in the device are used for private listening)
- Roku Premiere+ Remote uses RF technology (The Box can be out of sight and the remote can still be used)
- Measure 35.6 x 83.8 x 17.8mm with a sleek box look
- Besides, it is faster than Roku 1 which is the older model.
- It is also backward compatible.
- It uses HDMI coupled with a Dolby Pass for audio.
- The Remote uses basic IR blaster (The Box has to be in your line of sight).
- Mobile apps for Android and iOS are used for controlling the box.
- TV has an inbuilt tuner.
- Excellent for wall mount.
- Nonetheless, the device supports 4K streaming.
- As a matter of fact, it can connect using a WiFi.
Error Codes in Roku Com Link & its Fixes:
Error Code 001
Verify the gap in between the router and the Roku.com/link device. The gap should be less than 15-20 feet, but some branded routers can have the wireless signal strength up to 20 feet also. So you have to adjust the router device close to Roku com link device while you get this error on your TV screen.
Error Code 003 & 009
More than one device is connected to the same router network and the internet bandwidth is shared among them hence the roku com link device is not up to the required streaming bandwidth. ROKU device would perform well at the minimum of 4MBPS internet speed. You have to remove some of the devices from your network for its better performances and this won’t occur very often.
Error Code 011 & 014
Verify the router credentials. These Error Codes are indicating the wrong W/L password.
Error code 012
This is an Ethernet-related error. Check to see whether the Ethernet cable is connected firmly to the Roku device and router. If the problem persists Test the connection with a second Ethernet cable if possible. If the cable is good, then try restarting your Roku player, go to Settings > System > System restart. Unplug the Roku device out of the power outlet, wait for sometime and then plug it back.Now try to restart the router.
Error code 013
This is the router relates specific issue. You have to ensure the Ethernet/router device is functioning well. First, verify the internet is working with your other devices and if it is working then unplug the Ethernet cable from your roku.com/link device or else if the internet is fully down then restart the router device before connecting with Ethernet cable with your Roku com link device.
Error Code 14
Select the correct wireless network name from the list. This issue occurs as you were selected the wrong wireless network name in the Roku.com/Link device set up to fail the internet connection test.
Error code 14.20
Wireless network signal strength is very low. This is a usual warning from the roku com link device, the internet wireless network connectivity strength is lower than expected level. We have to ensure the wireless router and roku.com/link device has to be kept between the mention network coverage area.
Error code 14.30 & 14.50
There is some unexpected network error in the device. You need to restart both the roku.com/link player, Roku TV and the wireless internet router devices. Follow the instructions given in manuals for wireless router and the roku com link device to restart it. The simplest way to restart the devices is to unplug the power adapters for all the devices and plug them back in a few minutes later.
Error Code 14.40 & 14.41
These errors occur when the password for the select wireless network is enter incorrectly or if the select network for the device is wrong. In order to troubleshoot errors 14.40/14.41, ensure that the Roku device connects to the correct wireless network. Once the correct network selects, a password for the same should be enter correctly to get access. Users should not forget the fact that passwords are case-sensitive.
Error code 016
This error code happens while you are try to open a channel but the network or internet connection is lost. Select Set up a connection to go to the settings on your Roku device and follow the on-screen instructions to enable back the network connection.
Error code 017
This error occurs when there are problems with the existing Internet connection, poor wireless signal strength. You can try place the router and the device close to each other so that the signal strength can be improve. Interference from external devices such as wireless phones, Microwave ovens can affect the performance of your wireless network
Subscribing to your favorite channels on Roku.com/link
Over the past few decades, entertainment has evolved to a point where we are able to watch movies and our favorite shows sitting at home. We have moved from the era of DVDs to streaming devices. Just a few years back, we had to rent a movie from blockbusters or from online rental stores. Unfortunately, we had to wait for the movie to be deliver and hopefully after that, we would be in the mood to watch.
Nowadays, it is very simple. We just have to buy and activate a streaming device, which we can use to watch our favorite movies at home, during our leisure time. The Streaming device market has 3 major competitors; Roku, Apple TV and Amazon Fire. These 3 companies hold more than 80% of the market share. Out of these, Roku is rank as the top-selling streaming device. To understand the advantages of Roku over other stream devices, check our comparison blog.
Access some of the top and the best channels like Netflix, HULU plus, Now TV, Amazon instant video, WWE network, HBO and a few more on your Roku devices. HD qualities for the videos you stream, remote home video management system are the other top features available on your streaming device.
Stay tuned now and start watching your favorite shows by subscribing the Roku channels.
If you find any difficulty in understanding the above guidelines, call us at our toll-free number and we have the best support team to assist you.